We are a not-for-profit, member-owned financial institution cooperative dedicated to providing quality financial products and services delivered in a professional, courteous and timely manner. MCU has an “open charter” which enables us to extend membership to anyone. Our primary mission is to satisfy the many financial needs of our members.
Unlike banks that are strictly profit-driven, we return excess earnings to our members in the following forms:
■High dividend rates paid on savings and investment accounts
■Low interest rates on loans, and
■The addition of valuable new products and services.
Our products and services are designed to help you manage your personal financial affairs at the lowest possible cost. Because we are member-owned, our criteria for judging success is based on member satisfaction, not profits. Accordingly, our staff is committed to providing the personal attention you deserve in satisfying your individual financial needs.
“People Helping People”
We offer confidential, professional, courteous, and personalized service. At Montauk Credit Union, the credit union motto of “People Helping People” is not some fancy slogan, it’s something we believe in and practice everyday!
We invite you to become a part of our growing family of satisfied members and to discover, first-hand, the many benefits of credit union membership.
We are pleased to announce that on January 22, 2014, your Visa Debit card changed to Debit MasterCard.
You will enjoy the same benefits with the Debit MasterCard, since it will be accepted at the same locations you have regularly used your card.
You must activate your new card upon receipt. After activating your new Debit MasterCard, please destroy your old Visa Debit Card.
You will not be able to use your Visa Debit Card after January 22, 2014.
You will be able to change your debit card’s Personal Identification Number (PIN) via our Voice Response system as opposed to having to stop by the credit union. That information will be included in the mailing.
The new Debit MasterCard will have a different number than your current Debit Card. If you make automatic payments with your current Debit Card, you will need to contact your payee(s)/businesses to change your account number with them after you activate your new Debit MasterCard.
We are pleased to offer you the same benefits and convenience with your new Debit MasterCard. We have tried to anticipate and answer most of your questions. However, if you have additional questions or experience any issues with this process, please contact us at 212-989-5200.
We have truly appreciated your understanding and patience as we progressed through our Conversion Project.
Please read the following information carefully to determine how this upgrade may have affected your Montauk Credit Union accounts.
THINGS THAT ARE THE SAME POST-CONVERSION:
- Member account numbers remain the same; however, suffixes will change from letters to numbers. There will be a description of the account next to the new suffix number.
- You may continue to use your existing checks.
- You may continue to use your existing ATM and debit cards.
THINGS THAT HAVE CHANGED POST-CONVERSION:
- Online Banking and Audio Banking (Mon-Talk) users will use a temporary PIN (the last four digits of the primary account holder’s social security number). You will reset the PIN the first time the new systems are accessed.
- We’ve also upgraded MON-TALK our automated telephone teller. You’ll still be able to access similar information on your accounts as before; however, you will hear a new voice and the prompts will be different.
- Beginning with your August 2013 statement, monthly and quarterly statements will be improved and easier to read.
- Estatements will now be available.
- After August 5, 2013, any bookmarked links you may have used to log into Online banking will no longer be valid. You must log into Access-24 via our website.
- As of September 30, 2013, quarter-end dividends will be posted to your account on the last day of the month instead of on the first day of the next month.
Once again, thanks for your patience. We are confident you’ll agree it’s been worth it!